12th TourMIS Users' Workshop & International Seminar on Consumer Trends & Tourism
Study on the Lifestyle Trends & Tourism- How Changing Consumer Behaviour Impacts Travel to Europe
- Date08.09.2016 - 09.09.2016
- Location of VenueVienna, Austria
- VenueMODUL University Vienna
Professor Ian Yeoman
Travel Futurist - Victoria University of Wellington
Mr. Nick Chiarelli
Consultancy Director - Future Foundation
Mr Sébastien Pichon
Industry Manager - Google Travel
Mr. Nicholas Hall
Founder of Digital Tourism Think Tank
In today’s volatile economic climate, changing consumer behaviours have an increasing impact on global commerce. The speed of consumer change, the blurring of traditional demographic boundaries, the growing power of the consumer through technology and the nature of globalisation are making trend determination and their adequate exploitation essential for success. This is particularly important in the tourism sector, where the traveller’s selection of goods and services is instrumental for living an experience.
The International Seminar is based on the ETC study Lifestyle Trends & Tourism and is aimed at tourism professionals to help them understand better the long-term behavioural and attitudinal consumer lifestyle trends. The seminar will address key issues such as:
- How advanced technologies impact on today’s consumer lifestyle trends?
- How these consumers impact the tourism industry?
- How the industry is adapting to these changes?
- Case examples - How advance and emerging destinations are adapting to a digitalized world fast-changing consumer trends.
Click here to access the Study on Lifestyle Trends and Tourism here!
REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN: