19 Dec 2017
Happy Holidays from the European Travel Commission
- 05 Dec 2017 ETC publishes new edition of Long-Haul Travel Barometer Sentiment Survey & Index The latest results from the Long-Haul Travel Survey & Index indicate that respondents' enthusiasm to travel overseas wanes as the year-end approaches.
29 Nov 2017
Ludivine Destrée appointed as
new Chair of ETC China Operations Group Ludivine Destrée, China Market Manager at Wallonia Belgium Tourism, has been appointed as the new Chair of the European Travel Commission’s Operations Group in China.
- 23 Nov 2017 The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions (NBTC) re-joins ETC The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions is re-joining ETC from 2018, becoming the 33rd National Tourism Organization member of ETC
- 07 Nov 2017 ETC and Europa Nostra join forces ahead of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 ETC and Europa Nostra prepare for the Year through joint collaboration as set out in the memorandum of understanding signed this year, and through cooperation with the European Heritage Alliance and its members.
- 30 Sep 2017 High-Level Conference at the European Parliament World Tourism Day ETC participates in a High-Level Conference on Tourism organised by President of the European Parliament Mr. Antonio Tajani on the occasion of World Tourism Day, 27th September.
- 19 Sep 2017 ETC publishes new edition of Long-Haul Travel Barometer Sentiment Survey & Index This issue of the Long-Haul Travel Barometer delves into the profile of potential visitors from the Chinese travel market. It reveals how they prioritise different aspects of travel (e.g. choice of transportation, travel companion, etc.), their destination preferences and experiences, as well as the barriers relating to European travel.
- 17 Jul 2017 European Tourism Stakeholders urge the European Commission to come forward with a Tourism Strategy ETC and representatives of the European tourism industry including all signatories of the Tourism Manifesto for Growth & Jobs, 40 Members of the European Parliament and more than 70 Members of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) call for a comprehensive strategy supporting the tourism sector in an Open Letter addressed to the President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker.
- 13 Jul 2017 ETC's newest Bulletin - Summer 2017 Download the latest issue here.
- 11 Jul 2017 ETC publishes new edition of Long-Haul Travel Barometer Sentiment Survey & Index The latest issue of the Long-Haul Travel Barometer indicates that travel intentions in Europe’s key long-haul source markets - USA, China, Brazil, Japan, and Russian Federation for this peak season (May to August) have slightly weakened compared to a year ago. Data collected confirms the attractiveness of European destinations in respondents' minds but also reflects the impact of safety and security concerns as well as geopolitical uncertainties.